As we celebrated my husband’s birthday over the weekend, it occurred to me that the last time I gushed about him on Priss & Vinegar, we were newly married, new homeowners, and expecting our first child. (i.e., a LIFETIME ago.) At the time I wrote a list detailing the top ten reasons he made my life, and while every item on that list remains true, so very much has changed in the three years that have followed. His awesomeness has revealed itself in even more ways, so darling, here goes:
The Top 10 Reasons I’m Glad You’re The Father of My Children
10. Your pregnant lady food craving procurement skills are unparalleled. (You always said that scooter would come in handy.)
9. You are better than me at ironing shirts, carving roast chicken, and reading bedtime stories.
8. When our daughter calls for “Daddy” in her sweet little voice, it warms my heart almost as much as it does yours.
7. You are a co-parent in every way. The children are not “my job” nor are you doing me a “favor” or “babysitting.”
6. I truly can’t remember the last time I emptied the diaper pail.
5. The other moms at the playground report that you help them out when they’re outnumbered by kids, too. (What a guy.)
4. You constantly remind me to take time for myself.
3. Pregnancy and birth are gross. I hate thinking of how much you’ve seen and are too gracious to mention. Thank you.
2. Our son looks exactly like you. (We’ve got one hell of a recipe.)
1. Right now, it’s us against them, and there’s no one on this planet I’d rather share a foxhole with. Eventually it will be less work and more fun, and I can’t wait to enjoy those sweet rewards with you, too.