Lately, my Instagram feed has become hilariously repetitive, which means 1) I need to mix it the heck up (suggestions welcome), and 2) Instagrammers are somehow digging on all of the same trends at the exact same time. Posting pictures of food is SO last year…
- Glitter. Dear sparkly shit: you’re trending! Glitter isn’t just for school projects any more (my bad); it can be found on hangers, manicures, and every piece of party flair imaginable. Plus it looks SO cool in Mayfair.
- Blowouts. As all of the perfectly-coiffed bloggers in my feed suggest, Dry Bar has launched one heck of a PR campaign to capture your hearts, minds and dollars. I would happily accept a free blow out provided they’re cool if baby oatmeal gets flung at my beautiful tresses inside of an hour.
- French macaroons. These cookies are an Instagrammer’s wet dream: they come in a rainbow of gorgeous colors, fit nicely into a square photograph, and they’re FRENCH. (Forget that they’re sold at flipping Starbucks these days.) You so fancy!
- Flouncy skirts. I love me a good twirling skirt, too, but I’m not about to lose my mind over a Sewing 101 circle skirt.
- Cold-pressed juice. GUILTY. It is expensive, it is a probably fad, and we are doomed to discover in approximately 15 months that it is actually killing us faster than soda. But I love it so much anyway!
- Styling stuff. It used to be that folks artfully arranged fireplace mantels and bookshelves, but apparently the internet has made us all so damn efficient that we now have time to “style” everything: bar carts (how they love styling bar carts!), entry tables, holiday card displays and (hilariously) their children’s playrooms. I’m sure it looks that way ALL the time.
- Cute babies. Oh heck, I like these, too. Carry on…
- Flower crowns. Apparently we are all still fairy princesses, or at least we can be for baby showers, weddings, and Coachella. These are crazy cute on little kids, just crazy on grown ups.
- Mugs, pencils and prints with cutesy inspirational quotes. “You are lovely!” Well it must be true if it’s letterpressed and hung on the wall over your perfectly-styled desk…