Like virtually every other kid on the planet, my daughter has lost her sweet little mind over the movie “Frozen.” She insists on being called “Baby Elsa” (and calling me “Mommy Elsa” which I *think* is a compliment), the towers at our neighborhood playground are now an “ice palace”, and the only thing she wants to wear is my pale blue nightgown that she thinks looks like Elsa’s dress.
But “Frozen” isn’t just getting to my daughter; it’s wormed its way into my brain, too. Here are seven signs that you, too, have watched “Frozen” too many times…
1. You can draw Elsa in sidewalk chalk, crayon, colored pencil and magic marker.
2. You’ve started analyzing the psychology of “Frozen.” Like, what if the king and queen of Arrendale had utilized positive discipline to control Elsa’s magical tendencies and arranged some play dates for Anna? And why was the most well-adjusted person in the movie raised by trolls?
3. You’ve reconsidered your position on french braids for adults because of Elsa’s gorgeous sideswept plait. Would it be weird to show a picture of a cartoon character to your Drybar stylist?
4. “Let It Go” will be stuck in your head for rest of all time. Just accept it.
5. You’ve developed a girl crush on Kristen Bell. Who knew she could sing like that? Uh, I do now. Because I’ve memorized her IMDB profile. Not weird at all. Nope.
6. You’ve had to explain repeatedly that Prince Hans is NOT a good guy. Disney brainwashing is something fierce.
7. The question “Which movie are we going to watch?” is met with laughter because, I mean, of course.