- We were already huge Chris Van Dusen fans, so when my husband spotted the Van Dusen-illustrated “President Taft Is Stuck in the Bath”, of course it had to join our collection. The cadence of the writing is terrific fun to read (especially in a blustery President Taft voice) and the story itself is appropriately ridiculous to delight children of all ages.
- I am perpetually hunting for bath products suitable for the sensitive skin and baby-fine hair I cursed my children with. (Sorry about that.) My new favorite is Babo Botanicals Moisturizing Baby Shampoo and Wash, which is formulated with oatmilk and calendula for dry, eczema-prone skin. My littles emerge from their bath squeaky clean, smelling *divine*, and with manageable, fluffy hair that makes my son look like a sweet baby chick. I mean…
- Instagram finally convinced me to join the avocado toast craze, and my favorite way to prepare it is with a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkling of Jacobsen Salt Co. Smoked Ghost Chili Pepper Salt. The salt itself adds great texture (which is quite similar to Maldon), adds subtle heat and smoke, and makes an otherwise-simple snack a little special.
- Having a proper garden was one of the many reasons we decided to make the suburban move, in no small part because our daughter thrives in the outdoors. I just can’t with corny Hello Kitty or Disney Princess tools junking up my yard, so I purchased some classic gardening tools in sweet kids’ sizes (including this darling little Burgon & Ball Children’s Hand Trowel) and a pair of sturdy gardening gloves in my daughter’s favorite hue.
- Our new home has a ton of built-ins by which I am alternately delighted (Storage!) and creeped out (OLD storage!). A thorough cleaning and these fabric-topped drawer liners from The Container Store have gone a long way toward making them feel like ours.
- We’ve only lived in the east bay for a week and a half and already we’ve dined at neighborhood Italian restaurant, Dopo, twice. The house-made charcuterie is excellent (we especially enjoy the lardo) as is the ever-changing menu of pizzas and pastas. Dopo also managed to turn the yawn-worthy kid-standard of pasta with butter and parm into a saucy pile of deliciousness that had everyone at the table clamoring for more.
These Might Also Be Your Jam...
(Visited 1 times, 9 visits today)