We are so, so ready for summer around here. Sundresses (especially this one), warm evenings in the backyard & grilled everything for supper are some of my faves. And my kids? They’ve been begging for pool days since Easter. Here’s what this mama will be packing in her boat & tote all season long:
- MINNOW SWIMWEAR // Girls’ Stripe Ruffle One Piece. As soon as I spied this darling suit on Instagram (and then had two of the chicest women I know recommend the brand), the deal was done. Crisp navy stripes, charming ruffles & a matching Euro-style swim trunk for boys, too? I mean…??
- SEA STAR // Espadrille Aqua Socks: “Water shoe” is the grossest category of shoe, right after “leisure” and “orthopedic.” These espadrille-inspired aqua socks are first respectable children’s water shoe alternative I’ve found to Keens, Tevas & flip flops with (heave) heel straps.
- TOT LOGIC // Natural SPF 30 Mineral Sunscreen. Finding a zinc-based sunscreen that actually rubs in is a never-ending hunt. #thestruggleisreal
- HUDSON & SUTLER // Sconset Cooler Bag. Functional & handsome with pockets in all the right places, this is a rad cooler you’ll never be embarrassed to dig out of deep storage in your garage. (And that Nantucket red!)
- SERENA & LILY // Fouta Beach Towel. Because stripes. Because it doubles as a cover up. Because it doesn’t have Minions or Disney Princesses on it.
- EEBOO // Travel Color Dominoes. Maybe it’s because I first remember learning to play dominoes on a summer evening by my family’s pool, but nothing says “poolside entertainment” quite like dominoes. eeBoo’s signature bright & beautiful illustrations make this set extra-special. (This eeBoo “Go Fish” deck looks pretty terrific, too.)
- L’AVENTURE WINERY // Estate Rose. Whether you call it “Summer Water” or “Yes Way!” (which are now actual names of wine brands, because subtlety is dead), it’s time for some pink wine. Longtime readers may remember that L’Aventure is my preferred rose, and not just because it comes in a magnum format. (And I don’t want to be a dork about it, but of course remember to enjoy responsibly while supervising your precious little ones near water. Everybody in the pool!)
PS, keep an eye on my Snapchat this weekend, where I’ll be preppy tablescaping & asking young people to PLEASE GOD explain the point of Snapchat to me.